If you are a small business owner who uses a Mac, a landline phone, and an iPhone or iPad, Phone Amego can tie them all together. You can be notified with on-screen caller ID for calls received on your landline or your iPhone. You can return a call with one-click from your desktop. You can log calls in iCal as a separate calendar including the time and caller ID. By synching your calendar, you can keep a searchable record of your phone calls on your iPhone or iPad. Just type a contacts name or number in the calendar search field to see a record of your conversations.
If you use Growl (a notification system for Mac OS X) and Prowl (a Growl client for iOS), you can use your iPhone or iPad as a caller ID display for your landline phone(s). When a call comes in, a push notification will appear on your iOS device. You can dismiss the notification, or open the Prowl application to see a list of your calls. Tapping on the phone number will ask if you want to create a new contact or add it to an existing one.
The basic steps to configure Growl notification on your iOS device are as follows:
(1) Download and install Prowl on your iOS device.
(2) Goto the developers website and download the Prowl plug-in for your Mac .
(3) Create a Prowl account on the developers site.
(4) Launch the Growl Preference Pane on your Mac. Click on “Display Options” and scroll down to “Prowl” in the Display Styles list. Enter your account credentials and how you want to be notified.
(5) Launch Prowl on your iOS device and login to your account.